Our Story ♥
Healthy Starts At Home.
Are you healthy? Are your kids healthy? Healthy doesn’t mean the absence of disease. And if you can’t say with true confidence that you are healthy, you’re probably not.
If that last statement wasn’t news to you, and you’re already on a mission to heal or prevent chronic health issues (weight loss included), then you know the solution isn’t going to fall from the sky.
The solution, the complete revamping of your life, isn’t an easy or cheap one. And why does it always feel like hours of research (If you’ve gotten to that point) and spending thousands of dollars isn’t getting you anywhere. The constant feeling of 2 steps forward, 1 step back is exhausting and overwhelming. Learning that something you have been doing for months might not have been the best choice, just flat out sucks. And there is nothing more infuriating than the fact that our family’s are even in this situation. If there is one thing I have learned on our journey, it’s that it’s not a journey you want to take on your own.
The fact that as of 2012 that more than half of all adults in the US had one or more chronic conditions is ridiculous and unnecessary. Then on the flip side we have 1 in 68 kids with autism and due to the way those numbers are calculated and the age of the data (2012) those numbers are probably higher Lets not forget about ADHD, food allergies, lyme disease etc that is taking over our population.
My entire family is riddled with chronic disease, I also have a son diagnosed with autism. And if you haven’t heard, autism is just a name for symptoms that have an underlying health condition. So, using my science background and love of research I start learning how to help my son.
Then I realized something. The healing process for many of these chronic health conditions looked awfully similar.
So I am here to be your resource. When you’re looking for answers you don’t need to spend the hours on google. If you’re looking for the best product to detox your house and body, you’ll know the answers are already here. If you’re looking for information on health protocols, come here.
Want to know more about me? Keep reading.
My name is Elizabeth Pruitt and I have two beautiful children, Chase and Coralie. I also have a bonus son, Abel. We are lucky to live in Laguna Beach, CA. I studied psychology at UCLA. However, I went into college wanting to go to medical school so my focus was more on human biology. While in college I did research looking for a cause of lupus. This research (in addition to my own hippy mind) was one of the things that made me realize that modern medicine wasn’t going to help these chronic diseases that so many people were living with today.
My son Chase was born a typical and happy kiddo. Around 18 months old, he lost all of his speech. For the next 6 months we watched his personality slowly fade away. A heart breaking situation that too many people can relate to. Doctors told me, it’s just autism, there is nothing you can do. I didn’t understand this. If you woke up tomorrow and couldn’t speak and someone said “Oh it’s just XYZ, there is nothing you can do.” Would you just sit there and listen? We didn’t either. So I have dedicated my life to not only helping him but hopefully helping other people who are on the same journey for health, whether they have autism, or something else.
I started this focus around the time that my daughter was born. Of course looking back on my pregnancy, there are many things I wish I would have done differently. But I am doing everything I can now and so far she is a thriving and happy girl.
Okay, okay, that wasn’t the most fun to read. So if you’ve made it this far you’re probably hoping you get something more interesting.
So here we go, some random facts about yours truly:
- Cats freak me out, I was bit by a rabid cat once and I run away from all the rest now.
- I moved 12 times in the course of 1 year (yes, I became a master packer)
- The beach is my happy place.
- When I was younger, anytime I got upset I would jump in the pool with all my clothes on and just yell under the water. I found this strangely therapeutic.
- I almost didn’t graduate from high school and went on to be accepted into some of the top colleges in the country (Berkeley and UCLA). So I am a big believer that you can do anything you put your mind to!
- Math to me is a bizarre form of torture. I’m so bad at it that I have to use a calculator for basic things. Yet, I am oddly good at understanding the interact nuances of the human body.
- Anytime someone tells me they have an issue with their health I have to hold myself back from listing a million reasons why and how what they’re doing isn’t going to help long term.
- Being in nature makes me smile but hate bugs, the struggle is real.
- I loved college, not so much the college experience (okay, that was great too..) but that just spending all day learning was an everyday experience.
- I grew up with a hippy mom and all the nature and stones and alternative everything I thought was crazy and now I spend all day obsessing about the same things.
- I’m a research junkie, I always want all the facts. So I tend to go a bit overboard learning about things that really have no impact in my life.
So within the pages of this blog in addition to the newsletters I will be emailing out, you will find information including:
- Nutrition, spanning from basic healing protocols to more complex diet adjustments.
- Supplement reviews. These will include our own experience as well as formulations and supplement co-factors
- Detoxification methods
- Herbal overview
- Living a toxin free lifestyle
- Biophysical health
- Mitochondrial health
- The importance of connecting with nature
Are you ready to get started?
Click here to get started today on something that has amazing health benefits, is free, easy and you can do right now in 30 minutes. And no, it’s not exercise.